A&O chair with Mermaids (RUSалки) - "Mermaids of alien origin on vacation".
Many people would like to be close to mermaids. In fairy tales, then the hero holds a mermaid in his arms, then the mermaid holds the hero on her lap (?!). And now the dream of many can become a reality.
Material - oak, ash, beech, birch at the customer's choice.
Color - according to the palette.
When was made dedicated to the author's wife "john's table" A@O dining table a-la "Bat",
the question arose - what to sit on at this table? There were some 19th century antique chairs in the house, but they were not trustworthy - the sellers apparently hoped that their comission art chairs would only be looked at and not used. In any case, immediately after buying these art comission furniture chairs they began to creak and fall apart. The author has repaired them many times, but all to no avail - the design flaws can't be corrected by repair. Let's take a typical situation - you have a guest, he has already drunk wine and is speaking not devoid of wit. Often in such a situation, the speaker is rocking on the chair, the back legs of the chair are subjected to high loads. If they don't break under the speaker, that's good. But will they last long? And the children? - They rock all the time without hops. And then there are the front legs, which are even less strong. And if you have to move the chair to another place? - Most of the time you have to carry the chair with both hands. So we've come to the necessity of making new chairs. Buying new ones is impossible in principle. The new ones are Ikea or China. Chipboard and even fiberboard (pressed paper) in all their possible forms, veneer, at best pine, mahogany - for space money. Not to mention the modern forms, design chairs, whose authors' imagination, apparently, nothing more beautiful than Iphone and Scandinavian design.
When creating this model no one thought about mermaids. The author had a difficult task to solve many problems in one model.
- reliability - the legs of the chair should not upset the speaker under any circumstances. Even after centuries.
- softness - the seat should be soft for the speaker's comfort.
- comfortable to carry - one speaker carries two chairs
- weight - as little as possible, but not blown away by the wind
- compactness - the chairs must not have any bends preventing their putting side by side.
- number - as many as you need. This is an important question. Assuming that there are going to be a lot of guests, at least 8 people, it would be good to have at least 8 chairs of the same size. But so many guests are not every day. And there is no place and no reason to keep such a stock of "dead weight". To place them in different rooms? - But different rooms have different finishes, different room decor. A solution has been found - identical chairs can have different fabrics, different textiles, different upholstery.
- Beauty and originality - this is handmade furniture, the design should be author's, unique.
- Stylization - I wanted to think of something that corresponds to La Belle Époque, art deco furniture, art nouveau furniture
History repeats itself -
the author drew and drew. Suddenly the lines folded into a waistline and other contiguous forms - then everything went easily. A picture emerged - mermaids of alien origin at rest. The only thing left to do next was to "start, da cum". The chairs were born in the spring of 2019, and since then have been in daily use by the author's family - they do not creak or fall apart.
What we could not make - the glossy photos. So pictures "as is". There was no time to make new ones.
If we parents don't
tell our children "what is good and what is bad," "the street" or "TV"
will do it instead. The home, the interior of the home in which children
grow up, is the most important part of forming the aesthetic taste of
children, their uniqueness. We want the world around us to be not "flat
and gray" (not "Scandinavian style"), but beautiful. At the end of the 19th century La Belle Époque came into the world as "new art", Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Jugendstil,
a new phenomenon was born - art nouveau furniture, this was before
"midcentury modern furniture". France, Austria, Britain, Germany and
Russia gave the world wonderful artists and masters of applied arts.
Museums and streets of New York, Paris, Vienna, St. Petersburg, London
and Moscow still keep examples of the work of such artists and masters
as Alphonse Mucha, Homar Gaspar, Roman Tyrtov and Louis Majorelle.
Devoting their creativity to beautiful women, the masters created
amazingly beautiful interior items, including room divide screens,
dressing screens. We create our goods based on the drawings of the old
We do room divider screen folding - you can really fold in either direction. When folded, our wood room divider takes up very little space - it's only about 2 inches thick.
A beautiful home isn't just about "lots of center space, a couch and a TV." A beautiful home should have beautiful pieces of furniture. A home should be cozy. It should be a home that you don't want to leave, but want to come back to again and again. We hope that our large room divider screen will help make your home even better. With our room divider screen folding you can divide a bedroom into two parts, you can divide a living room into two parts, you can decorate and divide any room into zones.
handmade furniture is brand new and smells pleasantly of natural wood
and oil. Unlike art or commission art furniture, restored furniture or
antiques, new pieces will not bring the spirit of the old owners and
their insects into your home.
Please note the following -
1. Shipping is included in the price, even across the Atlantic Ocean
2. Russian customs our products pass normally. But some illiterate foreign customs officials take our products for high-end antiques.
3. All our products we make in four hands, "you and me, and me and you". This imposes restrictions on the speed of work, especially since, in addition to work, we still like to eat, sleep, walk around and generally beautiful and interesting to live.
4. We think and speak in Russian, and in English we write "with a dictionary" (not Google and not Melkosoft), so that, with our sense of humor and love for the game with words, we can not vouch for the accuracy of translation.
5. In the product itself there is not a single gram of "made in China" (only the packaging applies tape from China). All made in Russia.
6. We make products from natural wood. The screen is made of the highest grade birch plywood, treated with environmentally friendly teak linseed oil - you can even chew it with your teeth, it won't taste good, but it is harmless to your health. Stained glass windows are made of unbreakable polycarbonate glass. Stained glass paints are top grade Pebeo.
7. Quality - we represent Russia, and therefore we are responsible to the quality of our products. Of course, "there are failures of old men too," "the horse with four legs, and that stumbles". But we have never had any complaints about the quality of the goods. You can compare our prices and quality with the hackwork that is often offered in other stores -
We had one unpleasant situation - in the U.S., a wife without her husband's consent ordered our product, the goods were delivered, he took it and his wife's choice did not approve, raged and deliberately, deliberately broke our beautiful A & O graceful elegant room divider or privacy screen a-la Homar Gaspar. Upon arriving home, my wife, instead of taking care of her husband's education, made a claim against us for shipping damage - Amazon has corrupted U.S. shoppers. The pictures of the damage to the goods were perfectly visible, as well as the sequence in which they broke our product - it is natural wood, there is no way to hide it. There were no photos of the damaged packaging. We would have understood and sympathized with the unhappy wife and her despotic husband. But trying to make unfounded accusations with Russia does not work. Nevertheless, the wife realized her wrongdoing and we ended up sending a replacement for the damaged part, which the husband paid for shipping.
8. Packaging - knowing what barbarians work in the U.S. mail and customs, we try to pack our goods well - for each item a separate box is made from plywood 6mm or 4.5mm thick fiberboard. We carried out stress-testing - one of the parcels was sent to the USA, delivered to the buyer's door (who went to another country and was not able to receive the parcel), and then the parcel was returned to Russia. Thus, the parcel was subjected to a double load - it went through customs four times and made the way "back and forth". The shipment arrived without damage, but the box was damaged by the U.S. customs (they, unlike the Russian customs, are not able to look through walls). Nevertheless, we are not responsible for the barbaric customs of foreign countries -
9. In the United States, many people do not know the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco. We think that our room divider panels are Art Nouveau, but if you don't see the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco, then it turns out that we are making an art deco room divider.
A&O chair with RUSалками (Mermaids)- furniture in Art Nouveau style
- Product Code: A&O chair "RUSалки"
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $1,150.00
Tags: A&O chair "RUSалки"