A@O dining table for 6 persons with an amazing shape - "жонский table" a-la "Bat".
Table size - length up to 1480mm, width up to 600mm, height 780mm.
Material - oak, ash, beech, birch at the choice of the client.
Color - according to the palette.
This table is dedicated to the author's wife, so it is called "жонский table".
There was a thought to call it "Bat," although in shape it looks more like a sea ray. But in the famous plot of the operetta "The Bat" by Johann Strauss in 1874, the bat was a beautiful lady. By the way, there is a wonderful interpretation of the operetta - "Oh... Rosalinda!!!" (Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger, 1955), which, among other things, sketched in a few precise strokes the U.S. contribution to the culture of various beverages.
Most of our handmade furniture we first made for ourselves personally.
This table is no exception. Most of our products in their forms keep the images of the works of recognized artists, masters of applied art La Belle Époque. This table is one of the exceptions. As with the chairs and armchairs, we have already had negative experiences with antique decor in our home. Art commission creak, then smell, then fall apart and need to be repaired - it is pleasant to look at them, but not to use. And the dining table, especially the dining table for the living room, is a very responsible thing. The author had a difficult task - to create a beautiful table, durable, comfortable and beautiful. The table should be large, but not take up much space. The table should be versatile and decorate the room in any place where this table will be placed. The legs of the table should not interfere with the legs of pretty women, and the legs of their companions, too. The table must be stable - what if someone wants to lean on it (with a hand), to make a long toast or suddenly jump out from the table to dance? In addition, there is another big problem of unmarried girls, who often come to visit our children - there is a bad folk omen, girls do not like to sit at the corner of the table - it is believed that it prevents the successful marriage. Consequently, there should be no corners. Not at all. The author painted both ways. Suddenly such forms were born.
What has been accomplished? -
The overall result is quite La Belle Époque, quite art nouveau furniture, and the spirit and traditions of Art Nouveau furniture were maintained.
The legs of the table are openwork and curved. The legs under the table are curved, making room for the easily injured knees of pretty women. At that the legs are firm - two of us sat on this table at the same time, i.e. table with four legs holds a load of 150 kg.
The edges of the table - curved, paired, forming seats for guests in a way that promotes a table conversation
The shape of the table top is curved, allowing you to elegantly use the table in the middle of the room, against a wall or even in a corner. This leaves room for chairs by the walls.
Tabletop shapes - in our home version, the center part of the table rotates. The space left to the edge of the table allows you to place plates for guests, and the centerpiece is used for feast serving, wine, and salads. This is done to protect the salads from the ties of men and the pearls of beautiful women. Such a marvel is not sold for export.
The center of the table top - in our, home version, a cutout was made in the center of the table for a cachet of fresh flowers. It was assumed that the cachet on the table would be worse in harmony with the flowers and vases of salad than just flowers (from under the table) and vases of salad. Instead of flowers, this cutout can be covered with a specially made lid.
Russian hospitality allows for many guests - in our, home version, the table has four extensions, with two additional legs, making the table several times larger. Such a miracle is not for export.
What we could not make - the glossy photos. So pictures "as is". There was no time to make new ones.
If we parents don't
tell our children "what is good and what is bad," "the street" or "TV"
will do it instead. The home, the interior of the home in which children
grow up, is the most important part of forming the aesthetic taste of
children, their uniqueness. We want the world around us to be not "flat
and gray" (not "Scandinavian style"), but beautiful. At the end of the 19th century La Belle Époque came into the world as "new art", Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Jugendstil,
a new phenomenon was born - art nouveau furniture, this was before
"midcentury modern furniture". France, Austria, Britain, Germany and
Russia gave the world wonderful artists and masters of applied arts.
Museums and streets of New York, Paris, Vienna, St. Petersburg, London
and Moscow still keep examples of the work of such artists and masters
as Alphonse Mucha, Homar Gaspar, Roman Tyrtov and Louis Majorelle.
Devoting their creativity to beautiful women, the masters created
amazingly beautiful interior items, including room divide screens,
dressing screens. We create our goods based on the drawings of the old
A beautiful home isn't just about "lots of center space, a couch and a TV." A beautiful home should have beautiful pieces of furniture. A home should be cozy. It should be a home that you don't want to leave, but want to come back to again and again. We hope that our large room divider screen will help make your home even better. With our room divider screen folding you can divide a bedroom into two parts, you can divide a living room into two parts, you can decorate and divide any room into zones.
handmade furniture is brand new and smells pleasantly of natural wood
and oil. Unlike art or commission art furniture, restored furniture or
antiques, new pieces will not bring the spirit of the old owners and
their insects into your home.
Please note the following -
1. Shipping is included in the price, even across the Atlantic Ocean
2. Russian customs our products pass normally. But some illiterate foreign customs officials take our products for high-end antiques.
3. All our products we make in four hands, "you and me, and me and you". This imposes restrictions on the speed of work, especially since, in addition to work, we still like to eat, sleep, walk around and generally beautiful and interesting to live.
4. We think and speak in Russian, and in English we write "with a dictionary" (not Google and not Melkosoft), so that, with our sense of humor and love for the game with words, we can not vouch for the accuracy of translation.
5. In the product itself there is not a single gram of "made in China" (only the packaging applies tape from China). All made in Russia.
6. We make products from natural wood. The screen is made of the highest grade birch plywood, treated with environmentally friendly teak linseed oil - you can even chew it with your teeth, it won't taste good, but it is harmless to your health. Stained glass windows are made of unbreakable polycarbonate glass. Stained glass paints are top grade Pebeo.
7. Quality - we represent Russia, and therefore we are responsible to the quality of our products. Of course, "there are failures of old men too," "the horse with four legs, and that stumbles". But we have never had any complaints about the quality of the goods. You can compare our prices and quality with the hackwork that is often offered in other stores -
We had one unpleasant situation - in the U.S., a wife without her husband's consent ordered our product, the goods were delivered, he took it and his wife's choice did not approve, raged and deliberately, deliberately broke our beautiful A & O graceful elegant room divider or privacy screen a-la Homar Gaspar. Upon arriving home, my wife, instead of taking care of her husband's education, made a claim against us for shipping damage - Amazon has corrupted U.S. shoppers. The pictures of the damage to the goods were perfectly visible, as well as the sequence in which they broke our product - it is natural wood, there is no way to hide it. There were no photos of the damaged packaging. We would have understood and sympathized with the unhappy wife and her despotic husband. But trying to make unfounded accusations with Russia does not work. Nevertheless, the wife realized her wrongdoing and we ended up sending a replacement for the damaged part, which the husband paid for shipping.
8. Packaging - knowing what barbarians work in the U.S. mail and customs, we try to pack our goods well - for each item a separate box is made from plywood 6mm or 4.5mm thick fiberboard. We carried out stress-testing - one of the parcels was sent to the USA, delivered to the buyer's door (who went to another country and was not able to receive the parcel), and then the parcel was returned to Russia. Thus, the parcel was subjected to a double load - it went through customs four times and made the way "back and forth". The shipment arrived without damage, but the box was damaged by the U.S. customs (they, unlike the Russian customs, are not able to look through walls). Nevertheless, we are not responsible for the barbaric customs of foreign countries -
9. In the United States, many people do not know the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco. We think that our room divider panels are Art Nouveau, but if you don't see the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco, then it turns out that we are making an art deco room divider.
A&O dining table a-la "Bat".
- Product Code: A@O dining table a-la "Bat"
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $3,500.00