This chandelier complements the AlexandrOlovskaya collection and is based on sketches by Alphonse Mucha.
The design provides for different variants of use - six versions are offered for two types of lamp socket, e27 and e14. You can use the lamp upwards and you can use the lamp downwards. You can use it as a holder for a bookshelf, china, a curtain rod or even a coat rack.
The design provides for different ways of electrical connection - hidden and open version. Works with any voltage. If necessary, is equipped with a plug USA.
The bulb itself is not included.
Belle Époque engineers gave the Art nouveau furniture a present - an electric bulb. Until then, the birth of light has always been associated with combustion - wood, candle, gas. The fire was always hot and directed upwards, towards the ceiling. The sudden emergence of the electric light bulb made it possible to make fully enclosed lamps, to direct the bulb in any direction. This made Art nouveau lamps and Art Deco lamps possible as a phenomenon - whimsical, their elegant shapes delightful. Some mistakenly think that Art nouveau lamps are synonymous with Tiffany lamps, but this is as common a misconception as the opinion that "according to Scandinavian design the Earth is flat." And yet electric lamps retained very hot elements and as a consequence retained such a rudiment, a relic of the past and just plain ugly part as the electric base and socket. Yes, over the years it became smaller, instead of E27 it became E14. Since the end of the 19th century, these cartridges tried to hide, the most common solution was to use a fake cardboard (nowadays made of plastic) as an ordinary wax candle. Engineers of the 21st century have gifted the world with LED and we, A&O, in commemoration of La Belle Époque masters have implemented new solution - covered the electric socket with a cloth. Now you can make a lamp that will be in harmony with any interior, with any curtains, with any finish of furniture.
In the photos we present two simple and at the same time elegant solutions - with a skirt and without a skirt. The fabric can be any. Do you want William Morris? - Please, in different patterns and colors.
At the same time were born -
a) rings for the curtain rod - AlexandrOlovskie Ducklings
b) wall coat rack AlexandrOlovskaya
c) Alexander-Olovski wall lamps in five modifications.
We think, speak and play with words in Russian. And poorly translated by google.
If we parents don't
tell our children "what is good and what is bad," "the street" or "TV"
will do it instead. The home, the interior of the home in which children
grow up, is the most important part of forming the aesthetic taste of
children, their uniqueness. We want the world around us to be not "flat
and gray" (not "Scandinavian style"), but beautiful. At the end of the 19th century La Belle Époque came into the world as "new art", Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Jugendstil,
a new phenomenon was born - art nouveau furniture, this was before
"midcentury modern furniture". France, Austria, Britain, Germany and
Russia gave the world wonderful artists and masters of applied arts.
Museums and streets of New York, Paris, Vienna, St. Petersburg, London
and Moscow still keep examples of the work of such artists and masters
as Alphonse Mucha, Homar Gaspar, Roman Tyrtov and Louis Majorelle.
Devoting their creativity to beautiful women, the masters created
amazingly beautiful interior items, including room divide screens,
dressing screens. We create our goods based on the drawings of the old
handmade furniture is brand new and smells pleasantly of natural wood
and oil. Unlike art or commission art furniture, restored furniture or
antiques, new pieces will not bring the spirit of the old owners and
their insects into your home.
Please note the following -
1. Shipping is included in the price, even across the Atlantic Ocean
2. Russian customs our products pass normally. But some illiterate foreign customs officials take our products for high-end antiques.
3. All our products we make in four hands, "you and me, and me and you". This imposes restrictions on the speed of work, especially since, in addition to work, we still like to eat, sleep, walk around and generally beautiful and interesting to live.
4. We think and speak in Russian, and in English we write "with a dictionary" (not Google and not Melkosoft), so that, with our sense of humor and love for the game with words, we can not vouch for the accuracy of translation.
5. In the product itself there is not a single gram of "made in China" (only the packaging applies tape from China). All made in Russia.
6. We make products from natural wood. The screen is made of the highest grade birch plywood, treated with environmentally friendly teak linseed oil - you can even chew it with your teeth, it won't taste good, but it is harmless to your health. Stained glass windows are made of unbreakable polycarbonate glass. Stained glass paints are top grade Pebeo.
7. Quality - we represent Russia, and therefore we are responsible to the quality of our products. Of course, "there are failures of old men too," "the horse with four legs, and that stumbles". But we have never had any complaints about the quality of the goods. You can compare our prices and quality with the hackwork that is often offered in other stores -
We had one unpleasant situation - in the U.S., a wife without her husband's consent ordered our product, the goods were delivered, he took it and his wife's choice did not approve, raged and deliberately, deliberately broke our beautiful A & O graceful elegant room divider or privacy screen a-la Homar Gaspar. Upon arriving home, my wife, instead of taking care of her husband's education, made a claim against us for shipping damage - Amazon has corrupted U.S. shoppers. The pictures of the damage to the goods were perfectly visible, as well as the sequence in which they broke our product - it is natural wood, there is no way to hide it. There were no photos of the damaged packaging. We would have understood and sympathized with the unhappy wife and her despotic husband. But trying to make unfounded accusations with Russia does not work. Nevertheless, the wife realized her wrongdoing and we ended up sending a replacement for the damaged part, which the husband paid for shipping.
8. Packaging - knowing what barbarians work in the U.S. mail and customs, we try to pack our goods well - for each item a separate box is made from plywood 6mm or 4.5mm thick fiberboard. We carried out stress-testing - one of the parcels was sent to the USA, delivered to the buyer's door (who went to another country and was not able to receive the parcel), and then the parcel was returned to Russia. Thus, the parcel was subjected to a double load - it went through customs four times and made the way "back and forth". The shipment arrived without damage, but the box was damaged by the U.S. customs (they, unlike the Russian customs, are not able to look through walls). Nevertheless, we are not responsible for the barbaric customs of foreign countries -
9. In the United States, many people do not know the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco. We think that our room divider panels are Art Nouveau, but if you don't see the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco, then it turns out that we are making an art deco room divider.
A&O plug in wall sconce AlexandrOlovskiy Art Nouveau lamp, Art Deco lamp, Jugendstyle lamp, wall lamp, wall light, vintage lamp
- Product Code: Wall bookshelf AlexandrOlovskaya
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $295.00